Spicy Cajun Chicken
• 1/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
• 1 tablespoon salt-free Cajun seasoning
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
• 2 chicken breast halves, skinned
• 2 chicken drumsticks, skinned
• 2 chicken thighs, skinned
1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a shallow dish. Place panko in a shallow dish.2. Dip chicken, one piece at a time, into buttermilk mixture, then dredge in panko.
3. Place chicken on lower rack.
4. Bake at 200° for 30 minutes or until done, turning after 20 minutes.
Note: Panko—crunchy Japanese breadcumbs—can be found at Asian markets and produces the crispiest air-fried chicken. Normal breadcrumbs are an alternative. You can also try curry powder in place of the Cajun seasoning.