Chicken Cordon Bleu
• 1/4 cup fat-free, chicken broth
• 5 teaspoons oil-free butter, melted
• 1 large garlic clove, minced
• 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
• 1 tablespoon grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 4 thin slices prosciutto
• 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1.Place broth in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave at high 15 seconds or until warm. Stir in butter and garlic.
2. Combine breadcrumbs, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and paprika in a medium shallow bowl; set aside.
3. Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and pound each to 7-12mm thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt, oregano, and pepper. Top each breast half with 1 slice of prosciutto and 1 tablespoon mozzarella. Roll up each breast half in a swiss-roll fashion. Dip each roll in chicken broth mixture and then dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
4. Place rolls, seam side down, inside baking dish and place onto lower tray. Pour remaining broth mixture over chicken.
5. Bake at 170°C on lower rack for 20 minutes or until juices run clear and tops are golden.