Air Fryer Stuffed Butternut with Couscous
• 1 large butternut halved lengthwise
• 1/2 cup chopped onion
• 1/2 cup chopped carrot
• 3/4 cup vegetable broth
• 1/2 cup water
• 3 tablespoons orange juice
• 1 teaspoon oil-free butter
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 3/4 cup uncooked couscous
• 1 teaspoon curry powder
• 1/2 cup almonds
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1. Place butternut squash, cut sides down, onto lower grill and bake at 160°C for 35 minutes or until tender.
2. While squash bakes, heat a large pan over medium-high heat; add butter. Add onion and carrot. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 20 minutes or until onion is golden and carrot is tender, stirring frequently. Set aside.
3. Bring broth, water, orange juice and salt to a boil in a pot. Stir in couscous, curry powder and black pepper. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
4. Remove and discard seeds from squash; scoop out pulp, leaving 15mm-thick shells.
5. Spoon couscous mixture evenly into squash shells. Place shells back onto lower rack and bake at 170°C for 10 minutes.
6. Add cheese and cinnamon and bake for another 10 minutes until browned.