Sour Cream Dinner Rolls
• 1 container sour cream
• 1/2 cup oil-free butter
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
• 2 envelopes active dry yeast
• 1/2 cup warm water
• 2 large eggs
• 4 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 tablespoons oil-free butter, melted
1.Cook first 4 ingredients in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until butter melts. Allow to cool.
2. Combine yeast and 1/2 cup warm water in a 1-cup glass liquid measuring cup; let stand 5 minutes.
3. Stir together yeast mixture, sour cream mixture, eggs, and flour in a large bowl until well blended. Chill, covered, 8 hours.
4. Divide dough into fourths, and shape each portion into a ball. Roll each into 10mm thickness on a floured surface; cut dough with a 60mm round cutter. Brush rounds evenly with 2 tablespoons melted butter. Make a crease across each round with a knife, and fold in half; gently press edges to seal. Place rolls onto the baking tray with sides touching.
5. Cover and let rise in a warm place (30°C), free from draughts for 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
6. Bake at 180°C for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden.