Air Fryer Pork Schnitzel with Sour Cream
• 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
• 1 cup thinly finely chopped onion
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 1 teaspoon salt, divided
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
• 1/3 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
• 4 pork tenderloin, trimmed cutlets
• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 3 large egg whites, lightly beaten
• 3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
• Lemon wedges (optional)
• Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
1. Heat 2 teaspoons oil-free butter inside a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper to pan; cook 6 minutes or until onion is nicely browned, stirring occasionally. Leave aside to be served later as a relish.
2. Place each piece of pork between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 7 -10mm thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Sprinkle pork evenly with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish. Place egg whites in a shallow dish. Place breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Dredge 1 pork cutlet in flour. Dip in egg whites; dredge in breadcrumbs. Repeat with remaining pork, flour, egg whites, and breadcrumbs.
3. Add 4 pieces of pork to lower grill and cook for 16 minutes at 200°C until pork is nicely browned and done. Remove pork from air fryer and serve immediately with onion garnish, sour cream, lemon wedges and parsley, if desired.