Marinated Grilled Calamari
• 1kg cleaned calamari tubes and tentacles
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• 1 1/2 teaspoons red chillie flakes
• 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
• 2/3 cup oil-free butter, divided
• 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, divided
• 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
• 1/2 loaf crusty bread such as ciabatta, cut in half horizontally
1. In a medium bowl, combinecalamari, garlic, chile flakes,parsley, 1/3 cup butter,2 tbsp. lemon juice, and1/2 tsp. salt. Chill, stirring oftenfor 1 to 5 hours.
2. Pour calamari and marinadeinto a colander over a bowl.Brush marinade over cut sidesof bread; grill on each sideunder high heat (220° to 250°)until grill marks appear, 3 to 5minutes. Cut into slices.
3. Grill calamari tubes insidebaking tray, turning once, justuntil firm for 5 minutes.Meanwhile, using tongs, drop tentacles in clumps onto baking tray just to firm up, then spread out to cook evenly, 4 minutes total. Put calamari in a dish and drizzle with remaining butter, lemon juice, and salt mixer.
Serve with bread.