Jamaican Ribs with Sticky Rum BBQ Sauce
• 2 (500 gram) racks baby back pork ribs
• 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning blend
• 1 cup dark or spiced rum
• 1 cup firmly packed dark or molasses sugar
• 1/2 cup tomato sauce
• 1/2 cup dark rum
• 1 tablespoon BBQ seasoning blend
• 1 teaspoon lime zest
• 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
Combine sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer 5 to 7 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat, and let cool. Refrigerate, covered, up to 2 weeks.
1. Rinse and pat ribs dry. If desired, remove thin membranes from backs of ribs, using a paper towel for a better grip. (This will make ribs more tender.) Rub ribs evenly with BBQ seasoning.
2. Pour rum in a shallow dish or zip-top plastic freezer bag; add ribs, turning to coat. Cover or seal, and chill 1 hour, turning occasionally.
3. Pre-heat oven to 170°C. Remove ribs from marinade, let drain quickly, and place on lower rack. Grill for 80 minutes or until ribs are browned and tender and meat has shrunk back from bones.
4. Brush ribs with 1/2 cup Sticky Rum BBQ Sauce, and grill 10 more minutes. Serve with additional sauce.