Grilled Banana with Pecans
• 1/4 cup chopped pecans
• 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
• 6 unpeeled baby bananas
• 6 fresh pineapple slices
• 350ml fat-free vanilla ice cream
• 350ml low-fat chocolate frozen yogurt
• Chocolate Sauce
• Garnish: maraschino cherries
1. Place pecans and coconut in a single layer onto the baking tray. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes at 160˚C or until toasted and pecans are fragrant, stirring occasionally. Remove baking tray.
2. Peel bananas, and cut in half lengthwise. Grill pineapple slices on lower rack for 4 minutes at 200°C until lightly caramelized. Grill banana halves 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until lightly caramelized.
4. Chop grilled pineapple. Arrange 2 grilled banana halves in each of 6 banana-split dishes or other serving bowls. Scoop 1/4 cup vanilla ice cream and 1/4 cup chocolate frozen yogurt into each dish between banana slices. Top each with 1 tablespoon. Chocolate sauce, 1 chopped pineapple slice, 2 teaspoons pecans, and 2 teaspoons coconut. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
Tip: 3 regular bananas, peeled and quartered, may be substituted. Increase grilling time to 4 minutes on each side.