Crispy Baked Cod
• 2 tablespoons oil-free butter
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1/2 cup panko or regular bread crumbs
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
• 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
• 4 skinless thickish cod fillets, (220g each)
1. Preheat oven to 175°C. In a small skillet over medium-low heat, melt butter. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add bread crumbs, stir to coat with butter, then cook, stirring frequently, until light golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in parsley and lemon zest. Let cool. Combine mustard and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
2. Rinse fish and pat dry. Sprinkle each fillet lightly with salt, then place on baking tray and brush with mustard mixture. Press 1/4 of crumbs onto each fillet.
3. Place baking tray onto lower rack and bake until fish is no longer translucent (cut to test) and flakes easily, 10 to 15 minutes.
4. If crumbs aren't sufficiently browned, broil fish 2 inches from heating element on the higher rack until crumbs are crisp and dark golden brown (watching carefully to prevent burning), 2 minutes longer.
Serve immediately with fresh vegetables, rice or a garden salad.