An instant dip for savoury biscuits - pesto also adds flavour to other
dishes. Add to smooth cottage cheese and serve on baked
potatoes as a starter. Season mayonnaise and use for potato salad
or on fish. Warm pesto makes an instant pasta sauce.
- 250 ml basil leaves, washed and patted dry
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 60 g flaked almonds or walnuts
- 125 ml olive oil
- 50 g parmesan cheese, cut up
- Combine all ingredients in the Tall Cup and twist on the blade. Pulse until the mixture resembles a coarse paste. Serve as a dip with crusty Italian or French bread.
- To serve over pasta, make the pesto, then replace the blade with the Sealer lid and microwave on high for 1 or 2 minutes, until heated through. Serve over hot pasta.