Air Fried Juicy Steak
Steak cooked in the air fryer is quick, easy, and comes out perfectly juicy every time! Air fried steak proves an alternative to firing up the outdoor grill. Cooking time for steak will vary depending on the thickness of the steak.
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 8 mins | Servings: 2
Applicance : Any Milex Air Fryer
- 2 steaks 1" thick , ribeye, sirloin or striploin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salted butter melted
- steak seasoning to taste
- Remove steaks from the fridge at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Rub the steaks with olive oil and melted butter. Generously season on each side.
- Add the steaks to the air fryer basket and cook 8-12 minutes (flipping after 4 minutes) or until steaks reach desired doneness.
- Remove steaks from the air fryer and transfer to a plate. Rest at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Top with additional butter if desired and serve.
If your steak is cold from the fridge, it will need more time.
Steaks that are a minimum of 3/4" thick (or thicker) cook best in the air fryer
Cook times are for a 1" steak, adjust times as needed for thinner or thicker steaks.
Medium Rare: Cook the steak 8-9 minutes flipping after 4 minutes.
Medium: Cook the steak 9-11 minutes flipping after 4 minutes.
Medium Well: Cook the steak 11-12 minutes flipping after 4 minutes.
Avoid overcrowding the air fryer so the air can circulate evenly around the steaks.
Once the steak is cooked, remove it from the basket while it rests.