Pap Balls with a cheese filling
Local is always lekker. Add a twist to how you make your pap. Wow your guests with this tasty meal. Pap balls can be served with gravy and is easy to make - its just adding an extra step and extra ingredients to the way you make pap.
- 500g maize meal
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 Onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 5 leaves spinach
- 1 small Chilli
- 1 chopped red paper
- 200g cubed cheese
Appliance : Any Milex Air Fryer
- Bring water to boil and add salt
- Slowly and continously whisk in the maize meal so that lumps don't form
- Reduce the heat to medium and allow the pap to simmer with the lid closed for 20 min - stir every 10 mins
- Fry onions, chilli,red pepper, garlic and set aside
- Cook for a further 10 min at a low heat
- set aside and allow to cool once the has cooled slightly use a spoon to scoop the pap from the pot
- flatten with your palm and place a cheese square in the middle.
- Roll up the pap with your hands to form a ball and cover the cheese.
- Coat with breadcrumps and glaze with eggs for crispyness
- Put the pap balls in the Air Fryer for 5 - 10 mins at 180 degrees
You can also watch this video to help in making the pap balls.